*If you are a researcher already receiving funding from NIH for biomedical research then please continue reading, otherwise please ignore this message*
For background, the NIH Science and Technology, Research, Infrastructure for Discovery, Experimentation, and Sustainability (STRIDES) is an NIH Initiative that supports NIH funded biomedical research in the cloud https://www.4points.com/contract-vehicles/nih-strides-initiative/. Benefits to research programs joining the NIH STRIDES Initiative include discounts for AWS cloud services, including compute, storage, analytics, and Professional Services; Enterprise Support and subsidized training; consultation and coordination, and, in the future, the ability to access data across NIH and NIH-funded institutions.
Aside from the funding aspect, there are a handful of reasons why researchers are migrating to the Cloud with Four Points/ STRIDES/ AWS including the following:
- Reduce the amount of time needed to commence research efforts from months to days with AWS.
- Have the opportunity to scale up/scale down the environment based on the needs of the organization
- Pay for what you need as you go
- Enable researchers to be more self service oriented and less dependent on IT
- Help organizations gain access to more funding based on having a secure platform in place that is purpose built for research
Would you be interested in learning more about this cloud initiative? Reach out on our website: https://cloud.nih.gov/