- This event has passed.
Introduction to Metabolomics for the Environmental Scientist
February 28, 2019 - March 1, 2019
This two-day NERC-funded Advanced Training Short Course provides environmental scientists with an overview of the metabolomics pipeline. The course is intended for environmental scientist with little or no previous experience of metabolomics and who are interested to discover how this relatively new and powerful approach could be integrated into their research. Experts working in the NERC Metabolomics facility NBAF-B will teach the course.
- Introduction to environmental metabolomics with case studies
- Experimental design and quality control
- Sample collection and preparation
- Overview of analytical laboratory techniques (mass spectrometry and NMR spectroscopy)
- Short practical demonstrations and a tour of the metabolomics facilities
- Overview of data processing and statistics for metabolomics
- Introduction to metabolite identification
- Q&A session with an opportunity for course leads to provide advice on your own metabolomics studies
- Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre