- This event has passed.
Introduction to Metabolomics for the Clinical Scientist
March 11, 2019
This one-day course in partnership with the Phenome Centre Birmingham provides clinicians with an overview of the metabolomics pipeline highlighting the benefits of this technique to the medical field and an introduction to the Phenome Centre Birmingham and the MRC-NIHR National Phenome Centre.
The course provides a suitable introduction to metabolomics prior to taking additional training courses at either the Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre or the Imperial International Phenome Training Centre.
- Introduction to the Phenome Centre Birmingham and the Imperial MRC-NIHR National Phenome Centre showcasing facilities and expertise available.
- Introduction to metabolomics
- Importance of experimental design and sample collection
- Overview of technologies available for data acquisition highlighting discovery phase profilingtechnologies and targeted platforms for the validation of biomarkers
- Overview of technologies available for data analysis
- Case studies – large-scale metabolic phenotyping, translation to targeted assays, clinical practice
- Question and answer session with the experts
- Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre